الصف التاسع الأساسي
Exercises of Activity Book
1 Help Fadia solve these riddles to find out the words related to space.
I am not natural. Man made me. I circle around Earth or the Moon to collect information or for communication.
What am I? Satellite.
I am a person. I work in the field of science. I study the stars, planets and the universe.
Who am I? Astronomer.
I am a group of planets and other objects. My planets circle around a big shining star that gives light and energy.
What am I? Solar System.
2Choose the correct answer from a, b or c.
1. I to school when I saw my friend.
a. am walking b. walked c. was walking
2. It was dark when we finally home.
a. arrive b. arrived c. were arriving
3. l you if you can’t do it.
a. will help b. help c. was helping
4. l usually watch TV at the weekend, but now I my homework.
a. am doing b. do c. will do
5. I think schools very different in the future.
a. become b. are becoming c. will become
3Rewrite the sentences using these modal verbs. One of them is used more than once.
|have to don’t have to can can’t|
1. You have the choice to do some exercises in the morning.
You can do some exercises in the morning.
2. It’s not necessary to write in pen.
You don’t have to write in pen.
3. It’s necessary for ybu to have breakfast every day.
You have to have breakfast every day.
4. You ‘are not allowed to come to school without your books.
You can’t come to school without your books.
5. It’s. important to get to school on time.
You have to get to school on time.
4 Find hve mistakes in some of the verb forms in this paragraph. Then, rewrite the paragraph with the corrected verbs.
Did you ever visit a historical site? I didn’t go to one since I was a child. I remember going with my parents to the Roman Theatre in Amman. My mum has started telling me the history of this theatre when we got there. I never saw such a great building with a great history. I never forget this amazing trip!
Have you ever visited a historical site? I haven’t been to one since I was a child. I remember going with my parents to the Roman Theatre in Amman. My mum started telling me the history of this theatre when we got there. I have never seen such a great building with a great history. I will never forget this amazing trip!
5 Find the words in the puzzle below.
|scrapyard spacesuit judo compass astronomer destination forum hockey goal military|
6 Read the clues and write the words in the puzzle.
1. able to tell the difference between right and wrong MORAL
2. loving CARING
3. a person who goes to places to learn about them EXPLORER
4. a town or city government that makes decisions on local matters MUNICIPALITY
5. relating to someone who can’t use a part of their body properly DISABLED
6. a group of families in a traditional society having the same traditions and culture TRIBE
7. very scary FRIGHTENING
8. committed DEDICATED
9. courageous BRAVE