الصف التاسع الأساسي
Exercises of Activity Book
1 Fill in the blanks with one of the following words or expressions.
|loyal personality outgoing interests sense of humour|
1. Asma is very friendly and is always smiling. She has a wonderful personality.
2. Mohammad and I are best friends. We share some of our secrets with each other. He’s very loyal.
3. Muneer is my cousin. He loves meeting new pe0p|e and can’t sit still. He’s outgoing.
4. Omar and Hussein always joke and make people laugh. They have an amazing sense of humour.
5. Nadia has many interests.
2Use three words from exercise 1 of your own choice to erte your own sentences.
Students’ own answers.
3Correct the underlined verb form in each statement or question.
1. Ziad has taken the English test three times so far.
2.We are watching the football game at the moment.
3. How did you prepare for your exams yesterday?
4. Will your friend go with us to the theatre?
5. Have you ever worked as a waiter?
4 Use the words from the box to complete Fadia’s description of her family as she introduces them to her friend.
|impression serious reliable close talented|
1. This is my father, Rami. He has a strong personality. He gives the impression that he’s always serious, but he’s also very funny.
2. This is my mother, Sarah. I always talk to her and ask her for advice. We’re very close.
3. This is my older brother, Sami. I can always count on him. He’s so reliable.
4. This is my sister, Mariam. She is quiet, sincere and sensible. She’s serious.
5. Finally, this is my little sister, Reem. She loves taking pictures with her new camera. She’s a talented photographer.
4 Look at the pictures. What was Amer doing on these days and at these times? Write sentences using the Past Continuous.
On Monday, Amer was walking back home from school at 2 pm.
On Tuesday, Amer was doing his homework at 4 pm.
On Wednesday, Amer was playing computer games at 5 pm.
On Thursday, Amer was taking music lessons at 3 pm.
6 Look at the job interview advice and complete the summary. Use have to, don’t have to, can and can’t.
First of all, you (1) have to be on time for your interview. You (2) can try to arrive at least ten minutes early, if possible. You (3) don’t have to wear a suit, though it depends on the job. When you meet the interviewer, you (4) have to be friendly. You (5) can’t give false information about yourself, and you (6) can’t make negative comments about your previous employer.
Remember, you (7) don’t have to say yes immediately if they offer you the job go home and think about everything very carefully first. You (8) can also write a thank-you letter to the interviewer after the interview it always gives a good impression. Good luck!
7 Use these notes to write a paragraph.
Samir (be) / Grade 9. He (be) / serious student. He (like) all subjects, especially science. Samir / (study) for the science test at the moment. He thinks he / (do) well tomorrow. He (want) / become a scientist / future. His dream (help) people with disabilities. This (be) why he (want) to become / scientist.
Samir is in Grade 9. He is a serious student. He likes all subjects, especially science. Samir is studying for the science test at the moment. He thinks he will do well tomorrow. He wants to become a scientist in the future. His dream is to help people with disabilities. This is why he wants to become a scientist.
8 Complete the following sentences.
1. I have to study for my English test, but …
I have to study for my English test, but my friends are coming for a visit.
2. Sarah was watching a film when …
Sarah was watching a film when her aunt arrived.
3. Ahmad and Ramez were very tired, but …
Ahmad and Ramez were very tired, but they still played football.
4. She usually reads before she sleeps, then …
She usually reads before she sleeps, then she writes her journals.
5. We were in the house when …
We were in the house when it started snowing.
9 Write the questions to the following answers.
1. Is he wearing a hat?
No, he isn’t wearing a hat.
2. Will she visit her grandma tomorrow?
Yes, she will visit her grandma tomorrow.
3. Does he want to become a scientist?
No, he doesn’t want to become a scientist.
4. Can Fatima travel to Egypt to see the pyramids?
No, Fatima cannot travel to Egypt to see the pyramids.
5. Are you doing your homework?
Yes, I am doing my homework.
10 Look at the table below. Then, write sentences using the Present Perfect Simple to answer the questions about what has and has not happened.
1. Which sport has Talal practised this year?
Talal has practised football this year.
Talal hasn’t practised table tennis this year.
2. Which place has Mazen never been to?
Mazen has never been to France.
Mazen has been to England.
3. Has Nour written a letter to her best friend before?
No, Nour hasn’t written a letter to her best friend before.
Nour has written a letter to her brother.
11 Match the words in column A with the words that have the opposite meaning in column B
1. C 2. D 3.b 4. A 5. e
يجب عليك تسجيل الدخول لاضافة تعليق.